Position: Tender Leader.
Purpose of the Job: To leads and manage the Tender from appointment up to Tender Transfer Meeting. To win the Contract including clear strategy definition, tender preparation, approval process and successful negotiation.
• Hierarchical Reporting: Tender Director of LAM
• Operational Reporting: Sales & Business Development
1. Primary contact with the Customer:
- Develop good communications with Customer to highlight our reference solutions, identify implications of meeting customer requirements and alternative solutions).
- Understand and manage Tender environment (lobbying).
- Issue Top-level Requirement Capture.
- Discuss with Customer (gaps, Open Item List) and feedback.
2. Organise the Tender:
- Define Bid Strategy.
- Define Partners and Split of Work in consensus with the Product Line. Establish agreements with Partners in coordination with legal.
- Define the Tender Master Schedule.
- Manage overall tender budget.
3. Manage the preparation activities:
- Update the Tender Management Plan.
- Make decisions for issues that impact at tender level.
- Anticipate and highlight all potential risks and establish a viable plan to overcome main anticipated
- Project risk/obstacles.
- Identify savings and opportunities.
- Address all issues related to tax, custom duties, legal advice, bid bonds, hedging, power of attorney and other administrative documents with the assistance from Sector Central Functions in charge.
- Manage all logistical issues for proposal delivery to Customer.
- Alert the Region if issues are foreseen and/or occur which could impact the Tender Master Schedule and especially the review meeting dates.
4. Contribute to the QCD definition of the offered solution:
- Issue with the Bid Manager the Instructions for Quotation.
- validate the Region WPs QCD and of the global tender.
5. Manage the proposal preparation:
- Define proposal key messages.
- Define proposal format and allocate sections.
- Ensure that all the elements necessary for the proposal are delivered by contributors.
- Produce the full clause by clause identifying all non-compliance and potential mitigation proposals (Alstom qualifications) by integration of the elements received from all contributors (Bid Manager, Sector Central Functions, Partners, and others if any).
- Validate the Price list (usually proposed by the Bid Manager).
- Write the Executive Summary.
- Consolidate and finalises (packaging) the Proposal including translation if needed.
- Make sure that proposal is reviewed by appropriate stakeholders (Legal, Product Line, Customer Director, Review Team if any).
6. Prepare and obtain Tender approval:
- Ensure all documents necessary for the approval are available.
- Update e-Project-Tender (all along the process flow).
- Present the tender in all review meetings (TGR, TRM, RCM).
7. Propose the Negotiation Strategy and obtain approval
8. Deliver the proposal to the Customer:
9. Negotiate (with the assistance of the sales manager/BD and Bid Manager):
- Ensure that the final offer remains in line with the approved reference and with the Negotiation Strategy (approved NSD).
- Log the material (documents, mails, etc…) exchanged with external stakeholders which may impact contractual obligations.
- Inform Tender Control and Region when negotiation result in an evolution to the approved reference and obtain validation of Final Proposal.
- Ensure that changes in scope (usually resulting from abandon/modifications of Alstom qualifications)
- and their impact on the Standardization Ratio are logged in the Event Log of the Negotiation Strategy Document (NSD).
- Ensure that the final draft of the contract documents accurately reflect the Proposal as amended by any agreements reached during the negotiation phase
- Ensure the final contract documents draft is reviewed by the Bid Manager and Legal before Contract signature.
10. Manage the Transfer to the Project Manager
11. Ensure compliance with applicable standard processes (Code of Ethics, EHS, Railway Safety, Quality,..)